It’s that time of year again. No, not where we make well-intended resolutions that will only last a few weeks. It’s time to start thinking of recruitment goals and creating a plan on how to reach those and set your institution up for success. Our recruitment marketing experts put together a quick list of tips to help you get started.
- Take a look at your website (from an outsider’s perspective).
- Is your website user friendly? Can prospective students find the information they need easily or are they searching through endless menus and content pages?
- Can users access your website via mobile? With mobile becoming many people’s main source to access the internet, having a responsive, mobile-friendly site is more important than ever.
- Do you have a form for users to request more information? This is especially important if you answered “no” to question number one.
- How is your SEO? Are you using the right keywords in your content? Choosing the correct keywords for your institution is key to SEO success.
- Are you utilizing the data from your analytics reports? Analytics can be tricky to understand and there is a lot of data to sift through, but they can also give you helpful insights into how your audience is engaging with your site and what changes can enhance their experience.
- Create a consistent recruitment marketing plan.
- Do you have a defined brand? A defined education brand links all of your recruitment marketing and communications efforts together. Without this you could be sending mixed messages to your audience about your institution.
- How do your offline and online efforts work together? Creating a cohesive campaign both digitally and through print or other mediums provides consistent messaging and avoids confusion for your audience.
- Use social channels to engage and interact with your audience in new ways.
- Are you responding to your audience or just posting content blindly? Users take to social media to contact institutions for a faster response than a web form, so it is important to have someone in place to respond to questions or concerns.
- What are you posting? Social media is a great way to showcase your school’s brand, culture/environment, and campus life while giving a personality to the institution. Utilize different platforms to display different aspects.
- How are you incorporating video? In 2016 we saw the rise of video and it’s not stopping. Video can allow prospects from other states or countries to see your campus or give a glimpse into what a typical student’s day would look like.
These are just the beginning. Let us help create a successful recruitment marketing plan for your university.